Much Ado about Swallow Studies: The Clinical and Financial Value of Dysphagia Imaging in Skilled Nursing focuses on the added value that dysphagia imaging provides for Skilled Nursing residents and facilities. In order to promote advocacy for access to dysphagia imaging in this setting, the Webinar will focus on billing and reimbursement practices in Skilled Nursing; how and why swallow study payment is regulated by Consolidated Billing; literature review that explains how access to swallow studies impacts overall Skilled Nursing Facility costs; and research based concepts that show clinical and financial benefits of dysphagia imaging in this setting.
- Summarize the billing and payment model specifically as it applies to Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Describe how swallow study payment is regulated by Consolidated Billing
- Explain how access to swallow studies, or absence of swallow studies, impacts overall Skilled Nursing Facility costs
- Identify key points to help establish a mutual understanding of when and why access to swallow studies is financially and clinically warranted
Agenda: 10:00 am - 11:30 am Eastern
- 10:00: Introduction, Bio, Disclosures, Course Objectives
- 10:10 pm: SNF Billing and Payment model
- 10:20 pm: Consolidated Billing
- 10:30 pm: Dysphagia costs, When and Why is Dysphagia Imaging needed
- 10:50 pm: Bringing together clinical and financial concepts to advocate for Dysphagia Imaging
- 11:00 pm: Case studies, Questions, Facilitated Discussion
- 11:30 pm Adjourn
Successful participation in this course includes completion of the post-test with a score of 80% or higher, then participants will automatically receive a course completion certificate. If you would like to have your participation reported to ASHA, it must be indicated on the registration form.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected] or call 877-390-1887.
Lyndsay Parker, M.S., CCC-SLP received her Master’s degree in Communication Disorders from the University of Texas-Dallas in 2008. She has worked in acute care, outpatient, inpatient rehabilitation, and now works as a mobile FEES provider, FEES educator, and Account Executive for Carolina Speech Pathology. She received her FEES competencies from both Baylor University and UTSW starting in 2013. Lyndsay was featured on the Swallow Your Pride Podcast (Episodes 172 and 203) and is a guest lecturer for UTD and Loyola University’s Advanced Dysphagia Masters level courses. Disclosures: Lyndsay Parker has the following financial relationships to disclose: She is a salaried employee of Carolina Speech Pathology. She has no non-financial relationships to disclose relationships to disclose.